Chris' Crockpot Curry
- 1 cup water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 15 oz organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato or regular potato, cubed
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- ¼ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 30 oz coconut milk
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving, optional
- Add the water, broccoli, chickpeas, potato, onion, quinoa, garlic, ginger, turmeric, tamari, salt, and coconut milk to a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, until the potatoes are tender and the curry has thickened.
- Serve the curry warm over rice. Garnish with parsley, if desired.