- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice, 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water or aquafaba
In a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and sun dried tomatoes and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
If the hummus is too thick add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water or aquafaba until you reach the perfect consistency.